new windows live hotmail kills IE6

howard64 09:40 07 Nov 08

since the start of this week and the "new and improved windows live hotmail" I find that it is crashing internet explorer. I regularly get IE6 is not responding and on clicking ok all open windows using IE shut. Is this Miscrosofts way of getting us to change to IE7 or is anyone else having trouble?

Technotiger 09:45 07 Nov 08

When IE7 was in its infancy it caused me loads of problems, so I stuck with IE6. However, I decided to try IE7 again a few weeks ago and have had no problems with it at all. I would advise you to get IE7 now - previously I was recommending users to stick with IE6 and even advising how to get rid of IE7 - like our Revolving Government, I have now completed a full U-turn as regards IE7.

howard64 14:40 16 Nov 08

this is still happening and also happened with another pc running ie7. I assume this is a problem with the new hotmail that does not affect many pcs. I will mark this as resolved and wait for it to be fixed or more people notice the problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…