New windows freezing browser...

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:50 18 Dec 06

This problem only started this morning and I did a crap clean last night, so I assume something got deleted that shouldn't have.

If I click a link on a page that opens in a new window, the window opens blank, and the browser freezes. I have to 'end task'.

It's ok if I use the mouse wheel to open the link in a new tab, but not a left click into a new window.

Any ideas?

Technotiger 23:03 18 Dec 06

Hi, assuming you are using XP you could try a System Restore back to before you did the clean.

Cheers

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:08 18 Dec 06

will make that the final option as despite what it says about leaving your files intact, it doesn't in some cases.

birdface 23:09 18 Dec 06

Hi ,Go Back into C Cleaner, Make sure it is not deleting all your Cookies,If so save them in the other box,

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:10 18 Dec 06

deleting a cookie would cause the problem. Never happened before.

Technotiger 23:11 18 Dec 06

OK - but I have never ever had that happen when I have done Restores.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:15 18 Dec 06

all the time when I was using ME. Maybe XP is a bit more reliable. Will give it a try later unless anything else is suggested.

I'm a bit reluctant because I downloaded 1.5 gigs of backup files from cyberspace this morning and I don't really want to have to do it again.

barryoneoff.co.uk 12:07 19 Dec 06

go into a big technical spiel about how I cured it, but it stopped happening after a restart!

Technotiger 13:19 19 Dec 06

Grrreat, all's well that ends well. Cheers.

Don't forget the Green tick!

Technotiger 13:20 19 Dec 06

Oooops, sorry just noticed you had ticked!

Merry Christmas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now