new window opens small

howard60 21:53 14 Jul 03

I feel I should know this but cannot find a way to make a new window open up full size instead of quarter size. Using XP pro and a newly formatted hard drive. It is scary what you have to set up when you have not done it [for your own pc] for a year or so.

VoG II 21:57 14 Jul 03

Assuming that you mean Internet Explorer, when you click a link that opens a new window?

Close the original window. Drag the small window to fill the screen (not Maximise). Then File/Close (not X) to exit. The next time, Windows should remember your settings.

gplatt2000 22:01 14 Jul 03

How do I make Windows XP default to opening all windows (not just IE) full size? Thanks in advance, Gavin

jazzypop 22:06 14 Jul 03

VoG's method should work. Just in case it doesn't, an alternative method is to type in a browser window's address bar

resizeTo(800,600);moveTo(0,0):

(I suggest you copy and paste this, to ensure you get it exactly right.) Note that this assumes your display is set to 800x600 - if you are running a different resolution, adjust the values accordingly.

Although this is specific to your browser, it should be 'remembered' for other windows, too.

howard60 23:14 14 Jul 03

will try tomorrow and report back

jazzypop 23:37 14 Jul 03

More solutions at the bottom half of this thread - click here

howard60 20:17 15 Jul 03

VOG's method worked I should have remebered it from years ago that is the trouble with getting older and no wiser. Thanks again all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…