New website

Foolsbane_1 18:18 23 Jul 03

click here to check out my latest effort. I haven't started putting in the real content yet. I wanted to do this one as an exercise to try out a few things. Fixed size page, browser window centered - unless you are using Opera :¬(. Layout is done using nested frames - fiddly, but effective, I think. And I couldn't resist a bit more experimenting with JavaScript and configurable Java applets.

I learned a lot doing this one -- three bl**dy times!!!

And most of my family have run away from home! :o(

Foolsbane_1 18:19 23 Jul 03

For 'nested frames' please read 'nested tables'.

Sorry!

MichelleC 12:00 24 Jul 03

It's offline.

Foolsbane_1 13:26 24 Jul 03

Must have been a temporary glitch. It's OK now. Not much to see really until I get the content organised. At the moment, I am more interested in learning the ins and outs of constructing websites. I tend to make lots of structural changes in the process, so it is better not to have lots of content to manipulate. And getting feedback from the good folks in this place is a valuable part of the learning process.

User-312386 18:41 24 Jul 03

it took ages to load and i am on 512k broadband

Got knows what its like on a 56k modem

Foolsbane_1 20:11 24 Jul 03

Probably impossible! But that will be because of the applets which I was playing with. They will be removed. I use a 1Mb connection and just about everything loads nearly instantaneously. Which is why I appreciate getting some feedback from here. Without the applets, the page will be virtually free of all graphics while still having a degree of design 'richness through the use of nested tables. Or at least that is the theory.

User-312386 21:31 24 Jul 03

That horrible clock why not just load a simple clock

Its the clock thats taking ages to load

Foolsbane_1 22:26 24 Jul 03

The main reason for the clock is that it is highly configurable. It didn't just come in the colours to match the page! It gave me a chance to mess around with code, is all. Learned a few bits and pieces. But you're quite right, of course. It will have to go. In fact, I am done with other work for the day, so I'll just go and do it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…