New website

Steven135 01:24 14 Aug 03

I have been asked to produce a website very quickly for my church it is my first attemp at web sites I would be grateful if someone could tell me how quickly (or very slowly) it loads on using ordinary 56K dialup.

I have 1MB broadband so I can't really tell.

I'll do some work on it in time this is just for now.

click here

I'm connected at 33.2k and it loads fairly quick,
its generally things like externally hosted adverts that slow things down.

your title came up very fast with just a small wait for the photo

Steven135 01:35 14 Aug 03

Many thanks horiz5 that's been a great help.

Djohn 01:44 14 Aug 03

I'm on B/B as well, so can't comment on the speed of loading, except to say each page is instant and looks good at 12x10 resolution. Very nice site, looks clean and modern. You should be well pleased with your work, I think it's excellent. j.

Djohn 01:52 14 Aug 03

The only point I will make, after having a couple of more looks at the site, the borders down each side of the pages. Red is a very strong colour, and one of my favourites, but it keeps pulling my eyes to-wards it. If you can tone it down a little, just on the borders, then it will make a difference. Regards. j.

Steven135 02:08 14 Aug 03

Djohn

Many thanks if I want to change anything do I just have to alter my files and then upload them?

Djohn 02:15 14 Aug 03

To my utter shame, I admit to knowing nothing about web site construction or alterations! But huggyg71 is on-line, he may know and if he looks at this thread, he will advise. Regards. j.

Steven135 02:19 14 Aug 03

Djohn my knowledge is about 8 hours old I used Serif Web Plus 8 the ultimate in web creation handholding!

Djohn 02:24 14 Aug 03

Well that's amazing! I've just been given the full retail version of that program and was wondering if I should load it on to my XP system.

I will load it in the morning and have a play with it. j.

hugh-265156 02:35 14 Aug 03

LOL! i wish.

im afraid to say i only play around a bit with star office and am in no way fit to advise on this.

try using click here this makes uploading a doddle.

or pop along here click here these guys know all the answers.

hugh-265156 02:37 14 Aug 03

ps Steven135 your site loads in a flash here on ntl 600k.

only thing i will say is that it might be better if it was optomized for 800x600 screen resolution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…