New to Web Design

PUKKA784 22:03 26 Jan 05

Hello, I'm new to web design although I have a lot of experience using Photoshop, Quark, CorelDraw, Illustrator etc. I have Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004, including Fireworks, Freehand etc and need some advice in getting a basic site up and running. The design side should not be a problem however I don't know where to go from there can anyone give me some basic advice or point me in the right direction of a good site I could visit to get me up and running?

Thanks.

genuinefake 22:38 26 Jan 05

Learn some HTML, i used click here. see where that gets you. With your design skills you could perhaps learn Flash + Director.

Taran 01:01 27 Jan 05

The help files in Dreamweaver contain some comprehensive walk-throughs on how to create sites and site elements.

Some links you might like to visit:

click here

click here

click here

The best way to learn is by doing and I usually suggest that people combine some research (help files or web based is fine) with a curious "What does this do if I click it ?" approach.

Make some pages, link them, break them and learn how to fix them. Playing with the toolbars and the functions you find in or on them is half the fun.

If you have specific questions we can try to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…