New video drivers, uninstall old driver 1st?

Roadgiant 19:14 15 Nov 03

I am about to download and install a new set of drivers for my video card (MSI FX5600), and would like to know is it neccesary or advisable to remove the old drivers first?
I am using XPHome, on the driver tab under the adapter tab there is an option to roll back drivers, and wondered if there is anything to gain (or lose)by keeping the old driver?
Thanks in advance, RG

critic-al 19:18 15 Nov 03

just install updates,if you are required to remove old drivers you will be informed to do so

you should be able to instal the Forceware driver straight over the detonator with no problem.

Roadgiant 19:30 15 Nov 03

Thanks once again for the fast reply guys

steve0 19:32 15 Nov 03

I've seen many posts where there have been problems with not uninstalling old drivers first. I have updated detonator drivers for last three years, and have always uninstalled old ones first. I usually have the zipped file of the old drivers, and keep these if I want to install old ones again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…