new video card

Anthony R. 23:50 27 Dec 05

I just bought an Nvidea GeForce MX 40000 PCI video card so i can play my fishing game. The computer wont let me use it. Whenever I plug the monitor into it and try to boot, the screen just stays blank. It only lets me use my onboard Intel 810(or something like that) video card, which doesnt have enough power to run my game. I unistalled the Intel Drivers and Installed the Nvidea drivers, but still no luck, and I looked in my BIOS settings and there was an option for display and the scjoices were " Auto", and "onboard". I picked auto. Any suggestions? thanks in advance

007al 00:18 28 Dec 05

Have a look in device manager to see if the onboard shows in there,then disable it

Anthony R. 00:24 28 Dec 05

I found it and disabeled it, but when I rebooted again only the onboard card(which I disabled) wokred. Im starting to think that it is a failure of the PCI slots, because the reason im replacing this is another card just mysteriosly stopped working

007al 00:39 28 Dec 05

Do you have any other card you can try in the slot?Network card or something,just to see if it works.
When you tried the auto option in bios,was the card installed at the time?

Anthony R. 00:40 28 Dec 05

i just tried a sound card and it didnt work. I guess its the motherboard.

007al 00:46 28 Dec 05

Sometimes its not worth replacing the mobo.This is another option click here
how old is your pc?

Anthony R. 00:48 28 Dec 05

its definetly not worth it. Im not sure how old my PC is but i think disco was big when it came out. It cost me $150 used at the shop

007al 00:51 28 Dec 05

If you`re talking dollars,then that link i gave will be pretty useless to you! lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…