new video card

Klappers 18:38 08 Dec 05

Hi,
Im installing a new graphics card that's the same make as my old one, just a little more up to date. Before I put it in should i uninstall my current drivers? or just leave them? As far as i know the drivers i have now cover this new card but i don't know whether your meant to remove them before putting a new card in? Thank you.

Diodorus Siculus 19:09 08 Dec 05

I'd uninsall them to be on the safe side - then when the card is in, install the drivers.

1x11456 21:03 08 Dec 05

as Diodorus Siculus so rightly says its far better to uninstall old drivers then when you put in the card windows will find the drivers and reinstall them fresh then after you could always go to the manufacturers website and see if there are any better drivers <:-)

007al 21:13 08 Dec 05

I would uninstall.
The drivers you have installed already,are configured for your old card.Download and save new drivers,the ones on your driver disc will probably be old.
just run the new drivers after your card is installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…