New versions of CCleaner and MS Defender

BurrWalnut 14:52 16 Feb 06

1. The latest CrapCleaner puts the Yahoo toolbar into your browser unless you untick it when installing it, otherwise you'll have to go to Add/Remove Programs to get rid of it. There is no option in CC to remove - it's an imposition.

2. Microsoft Defender has a -hide parameter against it in msconfig, presumably this hides the system tray icon.

Haol 15:01 16 Feb 06

So?

BurrWalnut 15:04 16 Feb 06

SO, I don't like Yahoo!

Skills 15:08 16 Feb 06

Yes i noticed the hide parameter on the new MS defender entry wonder if theres a workaround to get a tray icon?

As far as bundled BHO's go nero try to get you to download the yahoo one with there updates as well. It also irritates me but a simple untick of a box and no BHO downloaded. I personally dont use ccleaner had a bad experience once.

SG Atlantis® 15:08 16 Feb 06

Then click the donation bit and pay for ccleaner. It helps fund a superb free app and if you READ through the install you would see it's there to be unticked, I noticed it first time round. It's not like it's hidden or incorporated into ccleaner, you are given the option to UNTICK it plainly and openly.

SG Atlantis® 15:11 16 Feb 06

MS defender I just created a shortcut and sent it to the quicklaunch in the taskbar.

BurrWalnut 15:25 16 Feb 06

I've just removed the -hide from the \run key but it opens the program when booting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…