New version of ZA with Windows ME!

Rhuddlan 21:58 15 Sep 05

A friend of mine has ME and after downloading and installing the latest version on her 4 yr old comp, it now has a red cross on the icon in the taskbar and it says true vector internet monitor service stopped, when opened za, it had system error please reboot, restarted but still the same thing appears, any ideas? She has just got BB with Wanadoo and I told her not to surf the net again until this problem is sorted, but she relies on the net for work and her kids do for school, would be greatful of some advice and help in advance, thanks, Rhuddlan.

Totally-braindead 22:13 15 Sep 05

Try deleting it and then reinstalling, also have a look at the Zone Alarm webpages and see what they have in the way of info.

scotty 22:24 15 Sep 05

If you uninstall ZA follow the link for instructions for "clean uninstall" click here

Link was for reverting to an older version but clean uninstall instructions are the same.

Rhuddlan 22:28 15 Sep 05

Hi guys, thanks for the info, have uninstalled and reinstalled, I think I remember upon uninstallation it saying something about shutting down any running true vector monitor programs, but there are no running, have checked in task manager and services, it does eventually uninstall and reinstall but again the same thing happens, it disables itself and the net can't be used, it was installed on Monday and was fine before the new version was released, as I didn't install that until Wednesday, any other ideas?

scotty 23:07 15 Sep 05

Before uninstall, open ZA, select Overview then Preferences tab and deselect Load ZA at startup. Shut down pc, restart then uninstall as directed in above link. You must follow this process to remove all traces of ZA, in particular the true vector part.

If the latest version is a problem I suggest using version 5.5 (again, see above link).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…