New version of WinPatrol

Sea Urchin 01:04 AM 26 Mar 12
Answered

now available - 24.5.2012 - for those who use it.

Sea Urchin 01:05 AM 26 Mar 12

Sorry - here's the link

WinPatrol

birdface 09:51 AM 26 Mar 12

Sea Urchin

Now updated.Thanks.

rawprawn 11:34 AM 26 Mar 12

Sea Urchin

G'day mate, have you looked at Task Catcher

It was included in the email I got this morning. I also notice that you will be able to upgrade for $1.99 on 1st April if you download now. I am using Mac now mostly so I don't know whether it will be worth it for me to put on my old laptop.

john bunyan 11:40 AM 26 Mar 12

Sea Urchin

I use Avira anti virus, and have Spywareblaster, Superantispyware and Malawarebytes. Do you see WinPatrol as an extra to these or a substitute for one of them? Would be grateful for your views.(W7)

rawprawn 12:02 PM 26 Mar 12

It is an excellent "Extra" and not at all like the anti malware programs you have. Nor does it hog resources.

john bunyan 12:04 PM 26 Mar 12

rawprawn

Thanks; will give it a try!

Sea Urchin 12:08 PM 26 Mar 12

G'day rawprawn

Thanks for that, but I am not sure if I would need Task Catcher - I'll keep it in mind for further evaluation.

Hi john bunyan

WinPatrol has a number of other functions over and above those programs you have installed. One of the most useful is alerting you to new Tasks and Startup programs which are silently inserted by other programs. It also enables monitoring of various other functions - see screenshot

WinPatrol

I use Comodo Security Suite, plus Spywareblaster and the Pro version of Malwarebytes - which includes real time protection. In my opinion well worth the one-off fee.

rawprawn 12:10 PM 26 Mar 12
Answer

john Bunyon I should have said that the information about anything on your computer available in the Plus version (paid for one off) is very good, and in my opinion very worthwhile.

john bunyan 14:08 PM 26 Mar 12

Sea Urchin, rawprawn

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…