New version of Windows live Essentils

birdface 08:22 01 Oct 10

New version of Windows live Essentils.

click here

Not sure if we will all have to update or not.
But worth a look I suppose.

birdface 08:27 01 Oct 10

Quite a few add-ons in that lot that I would not want to download.
I wonder if it gives you that option like the old version.

birdface 09:17 01 Oct 10

I just wanted to update my Windows live Messenger but when you press install it want you to download Windows live Essentials not unless it then gives you an option of just installing Messenger.

click here

birdface 09:46 01 Oct 10

Yes thanks just did it.
Not very keen on the new messenger page.
I have had to run it in compact view to remove msn home page or whatever it was.
No doubt I will get used to it eventually.

theDarkness 09:52 01 Oct 10

Ive just installed windows live on a vista machine, and "seaport.exe" is now constantly running - any ideas on what it may do?

Its not removable from the usual msconfig/startup option within windows, and too many sites are giving out warnings that its nothing but test software from microsoft if you download any new messenger/chat related software :(

theDarkness 10:00 01 Oct 10

..so you were probably wise in not installing it. ps-sorry, didnt mean to hijack your thread! ;) lol

birdface 10:17 01 Oct 10

Googled seaport.exe.

click here

birdface 10:21 01 Oct 10

Did you download messenger.
It is no big deal but when I open it it stays on the Taskbar and you have to open it again from there and when you sign in you have to click on the icon on the taskbar for it to open again.
It may be a W/7 problem or just one of my own. like I said no big deal just annoying.

birdface 10:39 01 Oct 10

maybe I should have removed the old verion first I just downloaded over the top.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now