New version of SwatIt trojan scanner now available

Belatucadrus 12:05 30 Apr 03

click here for the new version of the freeware trojan scanner/remover.

Andsome 12:12 30 Apr 03

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that with Norton AV 2003 plus Norton Firewall 2003, I was fully safeguarded.

Mango Grummit 12:25 30 Apr 03

Thanks for that. The old one was superb so I'm straight off to look for this now.

Andsome, no, they not so good dealing with Tojans and the commercial packages are very expensive. SwatIt is a great bit of kit, 'speccially for a freebie.

Regards, M

Andsome 12:54 30 Apr 03

Thanks for your response. If I download and install it can it cause any conflict with either Norton program?

Mango Grummit 13:02 30 Apr 03

No andsome, hasn't with PC-Cillin anyway.

-pops- 13:02 30 Apr 03

Thank you for the information. Downloaded and run. Nothing found!! Good!

Brain

-pops- 13:04 30 Apr 03

Can't spell my name again!!

andsome: I've loaded it up with AVG and Outpost firewall with no problem so far.

Brian

Andsome 13:32 30 Apr 03

OK you lot. I have downloaded and installed it. If I get any problems I will come round and break all your windows. Otherwise many thanks.

-pops- 13:42 30 Apr 03

Break my Windows? - sometimes think someone has especially my old machine when it won't boot up.

Brian

Mango Grummit 14:39 30 Apr 03

It operates slightly differently to the old one. You have to build file lists first. I've just completed scan on first machine and that has over 9,000 files. Took about 20 minutes to do paths C & D. Not too bad really, the others will be quicker. Nice front end now. Strange thing tho' old one just reported no new signatures rather than informing of new version. How'd you find out about it Belatucadrus? But thanks again anyway!

M

Belatucadrus 15:09 30 Apr 03

E-mail from Swat it, if you registered the old one, you'll probably get a copy fairly soon.
Nice free backup to the usual kit, over the past few years I've used it with InoculateIT, AVG & Antivir, so far no problems. I know some people reckon even a firewall on a dial up connection is overkill, but what the hell they're free and if it keeps people out of my PC I'm up for it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…