New version of Street View

thumbscrew 00:17 27 Feb 14

Can anyone tell me what on earth have they done to Street View in Google Maps? I've just loaded it and it seems a shambles, totally different, screen all over the place, the search bar permanently on screen....why oh why...what was wrong with it before? Why is this planet overrun with meddlers?

wee eddie 00:27 27 Feb 14

Every Company has an R&D Department, who earn really good salaries. In order to justify that, they feel the need to bugger everything up, now and again.

mole1944 05:44 27 Feb 14

Goes to my old saying at work "But it's not broken" person who thinks they know best "Don't worry we'll soon fix it"

mole1944 05:44 27 Feb 14

Goes to my old saying at work "But it's not broken" person who thinks they know best "Don't worry we'll soon fix it"

john bunyan 08:21 27 Feb 14

The little yellow man seems to have been "disappeared" by Google. Too early to say if the new system is better...

onthelimit1 08:55 27 Feb 14

I think it's awful. However, the 'little yellow man' is still there in the bottom right. I just open Google maps on IE, and there it's the old, familiar version!

muddypaws 09:13 27 Feb 14

Still the same on XP3. Firefox.

Orange man top left. I tried the 'new version' months ago but went back to 'old'. Don't recall the

difference now.

Woolwell 11:46 27 Feb 14

I'm obviously in a minority as I'm quite happy with the new version. There are 2 ways to access street view via the peg man (bottom right) and via the explore bar with pictures, etc. I have had a few glitches using Chrome with it though. IE 11 and Firefox have no problems.

thumbscrew 12:37 27 Feb 14

First of all I didn't receive an email notification that these replies had been posted....does the forum still do that? Secondly how do I revert to the old version?

Woolwell 12:42 27 Feb 14
  thumbscrew 13:34 27 Feb 14

Cheers Woolwell, followed the instructions to opt out permanently and clicked "Yes" to opt out, but that wasn't followed by a landing page as it states. Seems like I'm back to the old, far superior Classic View on Firefox, but on IE it won't remain and I have to reset it each time I use it. Why are there so many jackasses on this planet, sitting on their backsides in their offices, constantly meddling, changing and generally confusing and worsening things that were previously working smoothly and properly? It's not only these twerps, but places like supermarkets, constantly changing their displays..."Where's the sugar that used to be here?"...."Oh, we've moved it sir, it's now on the other side of the store, next to frozen fish-don't get too used to it though because my colleague and fellow meddling moron, will be moving it again tomorrow". Give me frigging strength! Ps, I'm still not getting email notifications, even though I've ticked the reply box...have they changed that too???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…