//some 3rd party need geo

New Version of MS Anti Spyware

mike1967 20:45 27 Jun 05

I know there is a new version out but when I click on update is says I'm up to date, has everyone else updated automatically to the new build or have you just downloaded the new version.
The reason I ask is because when I went to download the new version it asked me to validate my copy of XP Home again, which isnt a problem on its own but will I need to do this each time a new build is issued

VoG II 20:47 27 Jun 05

Same here - you need to download the new version. Then don't uninstall rhe existing version - when you go to install the new one it will tell you that it is going to upgrade the software.

mike1967 20:52 27 Jun 05

OK thanks for that just need to go round the back of the pc to get the XP KEY, thought I wouldnt have to this time as my XP Home was validated last time, nevermind.

VoG II 21:00 27 Jun 05

Once you've done this Windows validation once, in future you won't need the key again. It must store validation credentials somewhere.

mike1967 21:25 27 Jun 05

Well hopefully so

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…