Huawei P10 review
A new version of MalwareBytes is available.
I understand you can use your updates on the old version to update it.
Or it can be downloaded from here.
Also a SpywareBaster update available for those that use it.
Yes I remember when it was every few months this one has been a long time in comming.
- Overall Improvements:
- 1. Dramatically improved scan speed: up to 5 times faster
- 2. Dramatically improved stability of both the scanner and protection module (paid version only)
- 3. More responsive: program loads up to 3 times faster, and protection module has lower impact on system resources (paid version only)
- 4. New internal detection algorithms enable detection of more real-world malware
- New Features:
- 1. You can now add files and folders to the ignore list manually
- 2. Ability to schedule and unschedule scans and updates from the command line (paid version only)
- 3. Notifications of blocked malicious websites now include additional details such as type, port, and process on Windows Vista and higher
- 4. Ability to include or exclude potentially unwanted programs (PUP), potentially unwanted system modifications (PUM), and peer-to-peer software (P2P) from scans and protection module detections
- 5. Dramatically improved flash scan (paid version only) -- designed to determine whether a more in-depth scan is needed, in less than 10 seconds on many machines
- 6. One-touch easy-to-use option to keep protection up-to-date automatically (paid version only)
- 7. "Warn if database is outdated by:" option now warns if the database is far out-of-date (7 days by default), including for protection (paid version only)
- 8. Ability to scan system startup locations for improved detection and to target persistent malware that may be obstructing removal
- 9. Right-click context menu scans now use heuristics
- Issues Fixed:
- 1. Improved compatibility with antivirus software
- 2. Fixed issue with "Recover if missed by" setting in scheduler not working correctly on Windows 2000 and Windows XP
- 3. Fixed issue with "Recover if missed by" setting in scheduler not working for scans and updates scheduled to run 'Once'
- 4. Fixed issue with Heuristics.Shuriken causing the program to freeze or crash
- 5. Fixed issue with certain infections going undetected by the protection module in 64-bit Windows versions
- 6. Fixed issue with silent scans not creating logs in certain scenarios
Many thanks buteman. You've reminded me that I haven't yet installed MWB on my new(ish) computer!
I'll do it now.
Thanks for the input that should help folk to decide whether to use it or not.
Anyone that does not have an Anti-Malware program that gives full time protection might be tempted to go for the Pro version.
Remember if you ar tempted to buy it look for Coupon Codes first as you can always get it that bit cheaper.
I was just wondering if they were loosing customers to the likes of Hitman-Pro as it was getting very popular and I must admit I deleted Malwarebytes just to give it a try.
So not sure which is best.
Interesting that none of the usual progs (including Mbam) could find the rootkit I had click here. Fortunately, mfletch directed me to a Kaspersky tool that got rid of it.
Can confirm update installs new version.
I found the scan about 3 times faster on my old XP Pro machine with 500Mb RAM
The in-program update downloads it - then open MBAM again and it will install, and require a restart.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.