New Version of Kaspersky 2011

rawprawn 17:34 04 Oct 10

V 11.0.1.400 is now available, I can't help much more as I get mine free through Barclays.
I suggest you right click on the system tray icon and select "News" any version update should be shown there.
Sorry if you already know but I have been away the last week.
There is no need to uninstall the old version, it installs on top.

Woolwell 18:52 04 Oct 10

On my system Kaspersky, also free from Barclays, prompted that a new version was available.

rawprawn 20:17 04 Oct 10

The same here, I got the prompt but I wasn't sure about KIS from other sources.

Woolwell 21:00 04 Oct 10

I don't think that it any different. I have had both paid for and the free version. You are sent the licence and I don't think Kaspersky differentiates.

Muergo 00:17 05 Oct 10

Kaspersky security suite on Amazon is cheaper for 2011 than for 2010, why is this? What's the difference.

Woolwell 11:26 05 Oct 10

It can get difficult to compare like with like with options for 1 or 3 PC's and Internet Security suite and Anti-Virus only. Rather oddly they have Internet Security 2010 1 User for sale at £31.62 and Internet Security 2011 1 PC at £20.99. Why? - Old stock left and they haven't priced it down yet or introductory offer? I think it is the old story of buyer beware and shop around.
BTW you can get 50% off if you spend more than £30 with Amazon.
From Scan it is available at £17.61 click here

Muergo 16:21 06 Oct 10

Scan cheaper at first look but then have to add delivery charge.
I am still puzzled by prices, also about Amazon discount seems to apply only to more expensive option.

When I want to buy something else I will have to remember Kas order.

Still have no answer from anybody about what difference is between 2011 and 2010, sometimes older version is better?

Woolwell 16:57 06 Oct 10

The new version is better. The Kaspersky site gives some of the differences click here.
For a review click here

Muergo 03:29 09 Oct 10

Thanks Woolwell for your assessment, the new feature of protection for online banking is what I need, at the moment I don't go to my bank on my PC, I leave it to my wife on her Mac.

Shows you what a happy pair we are, different systems so we can't help one another!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now