New version of AdAware 2007 now out in beta form

Stuartli 14:42 06 Mar 07

You can download it at:

click here

anskyber 14:48 06 Mar 07

Thanks, but I see it's not the replacement for the Adaware SE free but the full version beta which is limited to a 4 day trial.

sunny staines 17:54 06 Mar 07

I, waiting for the free ver to follow.

rawprawn 17:59 06 Mar 07

I now put my faith in this
click here

frankie 20:38 06 Mar 07

thats looking good that prog,found two things that adaware did not,would you say that it is replacement for adaware,or run both together?

Stuartli 21:54 06 Mar 07

I use AdAware, S and D, AVG AntiSpyware and Spyware Terminator and test them against each other.

Three of them find very few unwanted items, but the AVG utility finds dozens - unfortunately it won't completely Delete or Quarantine at least three-quarters of them...:-(

rawprawn 07:27 07 Mar 07

I don't use Ad Aware any longer, but having said that I still use Spywareblaster, and occasionally run Spybot as a check. I think Spyware Terminator is an excellent program particularly as it also gives real time protection.

Batch 08:45 07 Mar 07

You say that AVG AntiSpyware finds dozens - what is the nature of what it finds (especially as, from what you say, the others apps don't find them)?

Amongst others, I use Trend Micro Housecall. It finds a few things that I have on my system that it considers suspect (and I can see why) but are genuine apps - such as Snadboys Revelation and Magic Jellybean. It even detects that I don't have certain Office security updates installed.

Stuartli 10:03 07 Mar 07

Mostly tracking cookies - I use CCCleaner to get rid of them.

Batch 10:34 07 Mar 07

Ah! I always run CCleaner just BEFORE the various spyware / adware detectors. If I forget, I find that AdAware and SpyAudit detect them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…