"New" user accounts i never added

paradiddle1984 01:35 02 Feb 04

hi all im on winxp pro and ive just booted my machine up, being on broadband i rarely shutdown.

anyways i boot up and instead of there being just the one "administrator" account which is mine there is now a "Zen Diagnostic" account which is password protected and an ASP.net framework account which i managed to delete.

What are these accounts and why are they on my pc? any ideas?

I cant delete the admin one the same as the ASP.net one as it has admin access rights. imon zen internet, reckon they are linked??????

PLEASE HELP

powerless 01:45 02 Feb 04

ASP.net framework click here
Can be installed via Windows Update.

Zen Diagnostic - I take it ZEN is your ISP?

powerless 01:46 02 Feb 04

"imon zen internet"

paradiddle1984 01:50 02 Feb 04

lol, so anywho, how can i delete this administrator account, even when i go into control panel from MY account, the option to delete it isnt there?

paradiddle1984 01:50 02 Feb 04

is there a computer management option, im sure someone mentioned it but i dont kno how to access it

kangawallafox 01:52 02 Feb 04

computer management is accessed through the controll panel under the "Administrative Tools" icon

gold 47 01:53 02 Feb 04

Zen Diagnostics is part of the Ganssle Group
Embedded systems programing, have you downloaded anythink or put any cd roms in Looks like you have a virus have you done a scan?myself i would do a full format and reinstall unless someone else
on the forum could come up with better advice.

gold 47 01:54 02 Feb 04

Do you have an account with ZEN ISP???

paradiddle1984 01:55 02 Feb 04

i have norton antivirus 2003 and my virus definitions are up to date and i scanned just last night!!

ARRRGGH

Im searching in google for "zen diagnostic" but nothing is comin up

kangawallafox 01:57 02 Feb 04

Paulcomp says in his post
quote: "imon zen internet" endquote

paradiddle1984 01:58 02 Feb 04

ive not downloaded anything either or used any cd roms, i just use the net for keepin in touch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant