New usb drive recognition

Blubottle 11:36 AM 28 Mar 13

Brand new sandisk 32 gb usb drive not recognised when Inserted into my laptop... But it is recognised when it is inserted and then the laptop is booted. Any ideas? Regards.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:31 PM 28 Mar 13

What op system?

Blubottle 13:03 PM 28 Mar 13

Win 7, my mistake should have said

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:34 PM 28 Mar 13

Do you get a sound when USB inserted?

trying to determine whether its not seeing the usb ridge or just the drive itself.

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Click System and Maintenance, click System, and then click Device Manager.

Note If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click System, and then click Device Manager.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

3. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

Check if at all there is an exclamation mark along the driver, it suggests issues with the driver installed.

4. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

If you still face the same issue then you may check for the updated USB device drivers using windows update.

If problem still persists then it may be worth checking for an update for your chipset.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…