//some 3rd party need geo

New USB 2.0 card not working

Sapins 08:58 29 Nov 03

Having had to replace my scanner I have bought a USB 2.0 model, which I have not yet installed, and I have installed a USB 2.0 card which will not work, I have tried my USB 1.0 printer in the new card but it will not work. Device Manager says the card is installed and working properly.

So far I have removed and re-installed the card and I am pretty sure it is installed correctly, the first installation resulted in an on screen message that windows has encountered a problem and has closed down to prevent damage to the computer, the message was on a blue screen with tech info as follows:

" DRIVER-IR QL_NOT_LESS__OR_EQUAL.

STOP: OXOOOOOOD1 ( OX5BAD0038, OXOOOOOOO2,OXOOOOOOOO, OXEF5EF861)

USBOHCI.SYS.ADDRESS EF5EF861 base at EF5EEOOO, DATESTAMP 3f04of82.

The second time I installed the card it went exactly according to the installation instructions and device manager says it is OK.

When I plug in the printer I get the message "Communication Error" and it will not print, the printer works OK when I plug it back into the USB 1.0 port.

I have also downloaded and installed the Microsoft USB upgrade " WINDOWSXP_KB822603-x806-ENU" This has not helped.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I want to get on with some scanning.

Regards,

Sapins

Sapins 09:54 29 Nov 03

refresh

Trackrat 10:09 29 Nov 03

Are you using XP if so have you got SP1 on it.

Sapins 10:28 29 Nov 03

Hi Trackrat, yes I'm using XP and I have SP1+ the updates for the service pack.

cycoze 11:29 29 Nov 03

Have you looked at the printer setup ? , maybe you have to select what port the printer is to use , its quite common for people to setup a printer using a usb connection , but having a default LPT as the printer port , just a thought.

I realise that does not help with the scanner , but it might help to see if the usb2 is working.

Trackrat 12:08 29 Nov 03

Try this Go in to device manager, uninstall the usb2 card, then reboot yor computer and let windows detect it and let windows put its own drivers in for it as SP1 includes support for usb2 drivers.

Sapins 15:39 29 Nov 03

Hi cycoze, the printer is set to print from "USB Virtual printer port for Epson Stylus Photo 895".

Sorry it took a time to get back to you all, I have uninstalled the card Trackrat, took me two attempts to get the right drivers out! Windows did find the drivers exactly the same as were installed from the CD that came with the card?

I have also gone through the troubleshooter for the printer, doesn't that take a while?,no luck there. It seems to definitely be the new card because the printer works OK in the original USB 1.0 port and does not work in a USB 2.0 port from the card.

I have e-mailed Belkin to ask for help but they closed down on Wednesday till Monday next for Thanksgiving! so I will have to wait for them to resume work.

If you have any other suggestions I can try please let me know, I'll keep the thread open for a while and refresh it occasionally in the hope someone has come across this.

Regards,

Sapins

Sapins 16:23 29 Nov 03

refresh

Sapins 18:35 29 Nov 03

bump

Mr_Nice_Guy 18:41 29 Nov 03

have you got another computer? if so try it in that and see if it works. if it doesnt then it might be your card?

Sapins 19:19 29 Nov 03

Hi Mr_Nice_Guy, no I haven't another computer but, I am beginning to think it might be the card, I'll wait till I hear from Belkin if it's not too long, otherwise I will take it back to the store and ask for a replacement or a refund, trouble is it's over 100KM each way :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…