A new updated version of AVG

birdface 09:09 11 May 09

A new update of AVG f this morning for those that update manually.new version is 8.5.325 6.3Mb

birdface 09:11 11 May 09

It gives you new ID protection.

click here

birdface 09:15 11 May 09

I did not like the £19.99 to buy bit,But as it puts the icon in the AVG display I hope that means we get it free.

birdface 09:18 11 May 09

No wrong again you have to pay for it so why put it in the display area.

Sea Urchin 09:49 11 May 09

This version has been around since May 2nd - but thanks anyway.

birdface 10:10 11 May 09

Ok.Thanks for the info.
Just got it with my updates this morning.Just wondering why they would push a pay for program into a free program.Does not make sense to me.
Anyhow tried removing AVG and downloading it without the new ID protection part.But no success.
As it is 7 days old I will class as resolved.

Sea Urchin 11:19 11 May 09

Yes, I wondered if I could get rid of the ID Protection icon - but looking on here it seems not. I agree that it is odd to ask for £20 to pay for part of a "free" program

click here=

Stuartli 11:20 11 May 09

>>Just wondering why they would push a pay for program into a free program.Does not make sense to me.>>

Many freeware programs' update and menu panels do exactly that, including AV and malware offerings such as SUPERAntispyware- the software companies have to make a living somehow...:-)

birdface 11:33 11 May 09

Yes had a look at your click here it does tell you how to remove it from a clean install.In Add or remove components.you are supposed to be able to remove it from there.but unfortunately it is not listed.Just wondering if it is this that is using up most of the 6.3mb update..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…