New TV monitor now failing PC: graphics driver issue?

redchris 13:24 05 Feb 14

Hi,

I built my HTPC over 12 months ago and it has been working perfectly since 2 days ago. Now, when I boot the machine the windows animation appears and the pc seems to go through its start up process fine until the point where I expect to see the desktop. At this point, the screen goes black and a message on the TV appears stating that no video output can be detected. On several prior occasions I have seen BSOD's. The event which seemed to coincide with this problem was the installation of a new Samsung TV.

I did some googling and it seemed that many people suffering with similar problems were able to solve them by deleting and reinstalling the graphics driver, so this is what I did first. I tried both the driver that was supplied with the motherboard (an Asus P8H67-M PRO) and the latest driver from the Asus site. The pc is stable with new driver in safe mode only - it will not work in normal mode. If I uninstall the graphics driver completely the machine is stable in normal mode, so it does appear to be a graphics driver issue. I am running with an i3 processor and onboard graphics only. I am not that computer savvy and am at a loss as to where to go from here. I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you in advance, Chris.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:11 06 Feb 14

The driver is not used in safe mode - windows ony use basic drivers in safe mode.

so it looks like the driver is no good hve you tried rolling back the driver or looking for another driver?

How is the TV connected VGA or HDMI?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…