New tower or new package??

wolfman918 15:08 02 Oct 05

I recently came by a dell tower which is calling me no end of problems. I have decided that compared to a package I recently acquired for my mum I need a new tower. I don't really want to go out and buy a complete new package as I have a good iyama monitor and other bits and pieces. However I would like to look into a new tower but am not sure what my options are as most pcs come as a complete deal don't they. I would look to spend up to 500 for a decent tower just on its own. Any advice please guys and gals?

W

pj123 15:17 02 Oct 05

Check this one.

click here

although you get keyboard, speakers and mouse there is no monitor.

wolfman918 15:22 02 Oct 05

I am looking for twin cd/dvd drives as I may be making use of them. Don't use games much but would be quite interested in having usb ports at the front and a good sound card.

Can anyone else tell me what else I should be considering in getting a decent tower?
Thanks

Strawballs 17:19 02 Oct 05

click here Check this out, case MoBo chip heat sink and fan PSU and memory then you add your HDD CD/DVD Roms/writers etc.

wobblymike 18:55 02 Oct 05

Even better - get yourself a cheap case, mobo cpu etc on e bay and build it yourself - plenty of help available via the forum if you need it. Go for it - nothing better than building your own PC from scratch.

Ancient Learner 20:17 03 Oct 05

Mesh built me my tower. I worked it all out on their web site, and then, I phoned them and got a very good deal indeed.

All I wanted was the tower, and that is what I got.

Wak 14:49 05 Oct 05

When I wanted a new tower I went to click here and got a good deal.
They build them to order and worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…