New Toshiba Laptop Battery - Still not charging

matt-few 12:58 27 Sep 08

I recently replaced my Toshiba laptop battery as it was not recognised by the laptop (power meters and % of battery remaining etc), so I bought a replacement Toshiba battery thinking the first one had died of old age and worn out!!!

However, my new Toshiba battery is not working either, so I guess something is wrong with my laptop. I've reinistalled Windows XP from disc provided but this has not fixed the problem. So I think it's a hardware fault I need to fix.

Does anyone know how I can fit the problem inside the laptop.

It's a Toshiba Satellite Pro M70.

Many thanks
Matt

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:39 27 Sep 08

Laptop Battery not showing Charging
1. Turn off the computer,
2. Take the battery out
3. Take out the power supply
4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds.
5. Reconnect power supply
6. Then the battery.
Should now show 100% charged. This is because sometimes the mother board gets static and this clears it and the reason it showed not charging was beacuse it was fully charged.

Also try cleaning the battery contact areas on the laptop.

matt-few 16:05 27 Sep 08

Thanks Fruit Bat

I've done what you suggested, but laptop still saying no battery present. I've also cleaned the contacts. Any other ideas? The laptop is out of any warranty now so happy to take the back off if there is anything else I can do.

Many thanks
Matt

j.woody 16:13 27 Sep 08

check were the batteries go into.their might be a loose connection or something. if it isnt that then it is probably your motherboard.

matt-few 16:31 27 Sep 08

The battery just slides into the back of the laptop and clicks into place. Could it be a loose connection between the motherboard and the battery connector?

May seems a stupid question to ask, but will I need to remove all of the casing and screws from the bottom of the laptop so I can access all areas?

Many thanks
Matt

matt-few 17:02 27 Sep 08

Problem fixed!! New battery now recognised and charging!
I updated the BIOS from Toshiba's support page and hey presto it's fixed the problem.

Thanks to all for you help.

Matt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…