New Toolbar

Islandgirl 18:58 15 Jan 09

how do I make a new toolbar to put on the desktoop. I already have 4 but cant remember how to make a new one.Joan

MAJ 19:05 15 Jan 09

which operating system are you using?

MAJ 19:09 15 Jan 09

I think it's the same in XP and Vista anyhow, Islandgirl. Just drag the icon of the thing you want a toolbar of to the top of the desktop and drop it.

Islandgirl 12:03 16 Jan 09

Thank you for your replies Maj, sorry have been away from Computer for a while. I use Windows XP.
I can put shortcuts on the desktop, but have 5 boxes, labled "Exel and Word Pro" "Banks" etc. with the shorcuts nicely tucked in them ready to click and open. I had one called "Games" with 8 shortcuts in this box and it suddenly disappeared. I can still find it under documents/joan/toolbars but wanted to put the box back, have now got these 8 shortcuts singley on the desktop, so can still use them but for somereason I can seem to get another box to put them in. Sorry this is a bit complicated, but it is the only way I can try and describe what I am trying to do. Joan

Technotiger 12:16 16 Jan 09

Right-click on the desktop and go to New>Folder a Folder will appear, give it a name and you can then put whatever shortcuts you want into that folder.

Technotiger 12:20 16 Jan 09

Also if you then right-click on your new folder, then click on Properties>Customize you can put a picture on it of your own choice.

Islandgirl 12:30 16 Jan 09

I can do this Technotiger but I want a Toolbar not a folder - The toolbars I have on my desktop, are like boxes with the icons in them - I can see the Icons in the boxes and can click on them to open each one. I am sorry I am not explaining myself very well but a folder just shows the folder with its name and I have to click to get the contents up, I want the seperate icons to show. I tried to "snag it" and copy and paste to here to show you but cant do that either, must be getting thick. Joan

Islandgirl 12:30 16 Jan 09

I might be able to E-mail the snag it image to someone so they know what I want???? Joan

Technotiger 12:33 16 Jan 09
  PO79 12:35 16 Jan 09

click here for Vista but will probably be the same in XP.

Islandgirl 12:56 16 Jan 09

Thank you very much, I now feel stupid. I already have 4 toolbars and now I can have my fifth one back. Thank you all again. Joan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…