New TFT monitor - Buy now or wait for price drop?

xphile 12:49 04 Jan 05

Considering buying a new TFT monitor (currently have Dell standard CRT). Have seen an Iiyama prolite E435S advertised by PC world & Dixons for £199. should I buy now or can I expect a better deal in a couple of months? This does seem a bargain. Thoughts anyone?

bobbybowls 13:06 04 Jan 05

buy the best you can afford now, it doesent mater when you buy there will all ways be a cheaper deal the next week.
are you needing it now or prepaired to wait 6 months for a better deal. i buy as i need and get the best deal at the time.

Praxis99 13:06 04 Jan 05

I too am in the market for a monitor to replace (as my primary monitor)my current 15' TFT.

My feeling is that while 17' TFT's are fine (I use one at work) I am going to wait and see what happens re the price of 19' TFT's which are falling as well (20' and above remain sadly out of my price range!).

I know resolution wise you still get 1280x1024 but for I think the extra cost is worth it for the extra screen real estate which is useful for multi media applications (movies,games etc).

961 13:58 04 Jan 05

I know what you are on about but quite honestly the value today as opposed to prices in 6 months leads me to say buy it now.

You may save £20, even £50, but so what?

Brucemac 14:09 04 Jan 05

The prices will continue to drop, there are many new flat screen factories due to come on stream in Taiwan, however, if you need one today get the best deal you can.

The Belarussian Mafia 14:23 04 Jan 05

You don't even need to spend £200. Some good prices on this site click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…