New TFT Dead Pixel!!

flaz1984 13:30 30 Dec 04

Hi

I bought a new Iiyama Prolite E431S last night on Dabs and it arrived this morning ( i was very impressed with the delivery time)

Any way when i have set it up, there is a bright red pixel which appears on dark areas of the screen. i.e
not when the display is white.

Is there any way that this can be removed or fixed as it can be quite distracting when watching movies etc.

Any ideas of how to sort it would be great.

VoG II 13:42 30 Dec 04

Rubbing with a cotton bud sometimes works.

rickf 13:43 30 Dec 04

You can't sort it out as its a manufacturing fault. You can't have it replaced either as I suspect the dead pixel is well w/in accepted industry's standard for this. Read their website as to what is acceptable and what is not, ie number of dead pixels before the TFT is classified as faulty and therefore replaceable. The only solution I can suggest is to repackage it in its original as carefully as -possible and return it under the 7 days distance selling regulations and then buy another with the refund. You may be charged a restocking fee and be liable for postage as the item is classified as not faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…