new system error message

Sorted 21:24 22 Aug 08

i'm building a new system includinga Gigabyte motherboard m750sli-ds4 + cpu phenom quad 4 + 8800gt graphics card + samsung sata2 500gb hd + 480wt power supply.

after exiting bios I get a message "AMD data change - update new DMI"

Can anyone explain what this means and how to resolve?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:16 22 Aug 08

Phenom processors had 3 different tdp, it stands for Thermal Design Power which is the amount of watts a processor needs to perform its operation (at least that's what I understands):

Phenom 9550 and 9650 is 95W TDP
Older Phenom 9750 and Phenom 9850 are both 125W TDP
AMD has released a newer Phenom 9750 that has 95W TDP, you can search using google for tell whether your proc is 95W TDP

Bear in mind that amd motherboards with 780/770 chipsets does not support 125W Phenoms, but there are cases such as Asrock motherboards that worked.

Boards with amd 770 or 790 chipsets may need to flash bios in order to support newer Phenoms (the one that has xx50 as model number) and also Phenom X3. I think you can find motherboard bios from the official site, they should has listed new features added in the new bios

Usually flashing bios requires diskette but some motherboards like Gigabyte provide Q-Flash that allows bios to be flashed from usb thumbdrive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…