New System Advice

ened 18:25 18 Oct 05

I started off thinking about a new Graphic Card. Then it became apparent I probably want a PCI Express one. So I would need a new mobo.

Then I thought I might as well build a new system, which I hadn’t planned on doing until the release of the next edition of Windows.

I would like some recommendations for a board and chip which will at least see me into the new era (whenever it comes).

I built my present system a couple of years ago and have lost touch with recent advances so any pointers will be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance E.

ened 12:44 19 Oct 05

keithlik 16:58 19 Oct 05

A friend asked me to build a computer for her. I have enjoyed building desktops for yonks but recently I checked on individual component prices and found that complete (decent) computers - off the shelf - were some £200 cheaper than self-build at the moment. Hardly worth building now unless you really want a hobby. I have almost always used Asus mobos and never had a problem and have favoured Radeon graphics.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…