//some 3rd party need geo

new spyware searcher

herc182 10:21 04 Dec 04

click here

got this from click here

seems quite good. just ran it (after running spybot, adaware and a2) and it came up with a malware called Mainpean dialer (high threat) and a trojan called W32/Agobot-NV.

run it to see what it find on your computers and let me know what you think of it.

thanks

VoG II 10:23 04 Dec 04

Erm, no thanks click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 10:27 04 Dec 04

Useful reference, ta VoG™

herc182 10:47 04 Dec 04

once again you are right. these are the references i need! i checked the locations of the things that it found and there was nothing in there. so was beginning to get dubious. thanks very much for that and sorry to those that viewed this and may have used it.

thanks again.

herc182 11:07 04 Dec 04

thanks VOG. have downloaded the GIANT anti spyware trial (from the recommended programs list) to see what that is like (and what it finds!).

herc182 11:26 04 Dec 04

GIANT is a fantastic product. am very much considering to buy this.

bertiecharlie 12:46 04 Dec 04

Just a short note about Giant. There is another totally legitimate product called CounterSpy which uses the Giant engine. Its exactly the same product but last time I looked it was $10 cheaper at $19.95. The annual renewal is cheaper as well at $9.95. Its available from sunbelt software.

Grouse ® 14:48 04 Dec 04

why not try this freeware from click here version 2 available

herc182 14:55 04 Dec 04

Thanks for that. will look into it...

herc182 15:54 04 Dec 04

tried that Prevx Grouse and it crashed my computer every time it started. had to run msconfig to stop it running at startup then uninstall it. looked good, but didnt agree with my setup.

Grouse ® 16:13 04 Dec 04

oops! sorry to hear that, I've had it running for a while with no problems.........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…