New spyware protection.

Foolsbane_1 12:25 12 Jan 03
  Foolsbane_1 12:25 12 Jan 03

Users of SpywareBlaster might be interested to know that Javacool have recently released a new program which offers an additional level of protection against spyware. It is called SpywareGuard and is available, free, from -

click here

MAJ 12:34 12 Jan 03

Have you tried it out yet, Foolsbane_1? I'll soon have more spyware protection than files than can be infected.

Foolsbane_1 12:44 12 Jan 03

I have it running in the background at the moment. It appears to do the same job as SpywareBlaster but uses a different method of identifying spyware and preventing it from being installed. The technical details are better explained on the website.

If it is even half as effective as SpywareBlaster, it has to be worthwhile. Since installing these tools is it extremely rare for AdAware or SpyBot to find any suspect items.

And, importantly, this kind of protection does not use significant resources or in any way interfere with ones use of the internet.

spuds 12:54 12 Jan 03

Perhaps the answer to my Skybot problem!! click here

MAJ 13:02 12 Jan 03

Thanks for that, Foolsbane_1, I have to agree with your Spywareblaster point, I wouldn't be without it. Will give SpywareGuard a go as well. :-)

Foolsbane_1 13:18 12 Jan 03

I checked out Skybot with Spychecker ( click here ) but it is not listed on their database. As your problem appeared to be resolved I did not bother posting this somewhat irrelevant information.

spuds 16:03 12 Jan 03

Thanks Foolbane_1 for that info.As you say,SpyBot [SkyBot] is not listed, but I found it recommended via this forum and thought that I would give it a try. Still wondering if it was a wise move,at present.

Foolsbane_1 21:53 12 Jan 03

SpyBot Search & Destroy is excellent. I use it in conjunction with AdAware, partly because Adaware is not being updated at present and partly on the principle that what one misses the other will probably catch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…