New SpyBot S&D Update Available

spuds 11:57 17 Jun 04

New detection update available. Appologies if this as been previously notified.

Bugzee 12:07 17 Jun 04

hi spuds,just tried to update S&D and got the message no new updates available. i cant remember the last time fhere was an update or is it just me ?

powerless 12:16 17 Jun 04

Lastnight, sure you didn't update lastnight?

spuds 12:24 17 Jun 04

Re Powerless lastnight suggestion. Just checked, and it states Latest Detection Update 2004-06-16.Perhaps worth another look/try!.

Bugzee 12:34 17 Jun 04

just had a look in the log file and there is an entry for 17/6, has this updated automaticaly or do you have to do it manually (havent been using spybot long)

Taff36 13:19 17 Jun 04

Just did the same and got no newer updates available. The log file is misleading says "Downloaded update info file" which refers to the information "no newer updates available". Try looking for an update again and then check the log - you`ll see the entry for each time you asked the question.

Further back in the log I can see "downloaded update Integrated tools" "downloaded update File check library" & "downloaded update Detection rules for tracking cookies" all dated 23/3/04 from a download site in Dortmund. This suggests the last update my S&D actually had.

So I`m confused too.

Stuartli 13:32 17 Jun 04

I've downloaded the update this morning - 300k odd.

I always use the EON Australia update website as it works every time.

By the way, Search and Destroy 1.3 has been available for about a fortnight and no updates appear to be being issued for 1.2.

Taff36 13:38 17 Jun 04

You might just have hit the nail on the head. I read a few threads about 1.3 and stuck with 1.2. Have you had any problems with it or should we just install the newer version?

cdb 16:24 17 Jun 04

I've just downloaded 2 updates for 1.3, the most recent was dated May tho.

dewskit 19:48 17 Jun 04

Taff36

Downloaded v 1.3 when it first came out and found no problems so far (Touching wood and crossing fingers!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…