new speakers distorted sound and slow

bobbybluenose 16:06 PM 30 Dec 12

hi all os xp pro i have noticed recently poor sound quality and slowing down when i play music, i have change the battery on mother board and cleaned fans and m/board, just purchased new speakers thinking my old ones might be on there way out anyone got any ideas please.

Ian in Northampton 16:19 PM 30 Dec 12

Are you playing from CDs or from MP3s on your hard drive?

bobbybluenose 16:24 PM 30 Dec 12

MP3s from hard drive through you tube ,media player,

Ian in Northampton 18:35 PM 31 Dec 12

Hmmm - I asked only to eliminate a CD drive problem as the issue... The only other thing I can think of is that you have something running in the background that is consuming huge amounts of processor/memory. You might want to check in Task Manager and look at 'processes' and 'applications', see if there's something strange going on.

Aitchbee 12:19 PM 01 Jan 13

Try double-clicking on the volume icon [bottom right hand corner] to bring up 'Volume Control'. Then click on 'Advanced' and make sure 'Microphone Boost' is unticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11