new speakers distorted sound and slow

bobbybluenose 16:06 PM 30 Dec 12

hi all os xp pro i have noticed recently poor sound quality and slowing down when i play music, i have change the battery on mother board and cleaned fans and m/board, just purchased new speakers thinking my old ones might be on there way out anyone got any ideas please.

Ian in Northampton 16:19 PM 30 Dec 12

Are you playing from CDs or from MP3s on your hard drive?

bobbybluenose 16:24 PM 30 Dec 12

MP3s from hard drive through you tube ,media player,

Ian in Northampton 18:35 PM 31 Dec 12

Hmmm - I asked only to eliminate a CD drive problem as the issue... The only other thing I can think of is that you have something running in the background that is consuming huge amounts of processor/memory. You might want to check in Task Manager and look at 'processes' and 'applications', see if there's something strange going on.

Aitchbee 12:19 PM 01 Jan 13

Try double-clicking on the volume icon [bottom right hand corner] to bring up 'Volume Control'. Then click on 'Advanced' and make sure 'Microphone Boost' is unticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued