New SP2-SP3 Patch for those that update Manualy

birdface 11:13 20 Jun 08

Hi.New Update from Microsoft if you downloaded there updates last week.Just run your Manual Microsoft updates to get the latest Patch.click here Looks like the previous patch was faulty.

gazzaho 11:33 20 Jun 08

I installed a patch yesterday, there were 2 listed, damned if I know what one installed but I know one didn't. It said Client Service for Netware (KB899589) I tried twice to install it and failed with error code 0x8007f06b. I searched for an answer and couldn't find one as it was supposedly installed with SP3, is it me or do Microsoft seem to be falling to pieces lately? Everything they do goes wrong.

This is all because people don't like Vista, no wait, I'm just being paranoid... Or am I?

Cymro. 11:40 20 Jun 08

I installed XB951376 this morning I assume this is the one that is to sort out the problem with the dodgy one you mention.

birdface 11:48 20 Jun 08

Yes I think that was the one.Had to reboot the computer for it to take affect.Gazzaho.Someone with the same problem.click here

Cymro. 11:51 20 Jun 08

Thanks for that.

birdface 11:52 20 Jun 08

Yes that is the one.Just checked.But typing error on your part it starts with KB951376 [KB]

gazzaho 12:05 20 Jun 08

Yeh buteman as far as I can make out it only seems to be people with Media center edition of windows and as I said previously, it was already installed with SP3! The reason it fails, as far as I can tell is because the one update being offered is dated earlier than the one included in SP3, go figure lol.

cocteau48 12:15 20 Jun 08

Thanks buteman
When KB951376 downloaded and installed this morning I though that I recognized the number.
Checked back my update history on the MS site and sure enough it had successfully installed on update Tuesday (10th June)
So it has successfully installed on top of what was already a successful install..... that in itself is a bit concerning.

birdface 12:36 20 Jun 08

Yes looks like it was a flaw with the first update last week.Not like them to be so quick in repairing it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac