New Sony Laptop...a few questions!

hawthorn59 03:31 12 Jan 11

Hi Folks

Im pretty much delighted with my new Sony Vaio laptop, but do have a couple of queries which I hope someone might give an opinion on!

1 Sometimes it seems to be a little slow....coming out of hibernation eg. Also there are 93 processes running when I startup! Is this a lot? Sadly I cant identify most of them and wouldnt know what ones to stop!

2 The laptop speakers are dire as regards volume. It is almost impossible to hear them in a room. Whereas with all previous laptops I could listen to music from them reasonably well. I have the volume control well up....wonder are there any other adjustments I should be making?

3 I use 2 cheap Creative speakers (no bass unit) which are fine for my needs. However on this laptop, there is a slight buzzing from the speakers. It gets a lot worse if I unplug the lead from the headphone (?) socket. And wont die down until I move the lead or speakers well away from the laptop. I never had this issue with 2 previous laptops and these speakers. Could in fact this be related to query 2?

The model is VPCEB3F4E.

Many thsnks!

h

rawprawn 08:42 12 Jan 11

You would be better posting your Sony questions here. Register for free, they are usually very good click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…