New Sony AWG 170 DVDR doesn't burn right

jumpingjoe 02:33 27 Oct 06

I've replaced my Samsung DVD drive with a Sony DVD burner, its meant to use all formats but I tried 2 DVD-R and they both didn't play on my PC or stand alone Toshiba 220 DVD player even though it said back up completed. The drive reads disc's I've done previously but will not produce a playable disc even when I try to copy a film I've got stored on my hard drive. When I check my achieve films they all appear as 1 saved item/file but the new stuff I tried to back-up using the new Sony appear as 2 files (I can click on the + when looking through explorer and there's 2 files (Video TS and Audio). I've always used using Nero 5 with DVD Shrink and AnyDVD running in the background, do I simply need to upgrade my burning software. The new drive very quick but.....!

Stuartli 10:17 27 Oct 06

I have the same rewriter and it works fine for me.

A good guide can be found at:

click here

You may also need to download FiXVTS1.403 as mentioned in the tutorial.

SB23 10:29 27 Oct 06

I've just put one of these in my machine, seems to be working ok, but I'll keep the link handy, thanks.

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…