New Skype phone - sound issue

Minkey1 14:41 17 Mar 06

Hi all

Just installed my Ipevo USB phone, added contacts, made calls, and am generally all round happy bunny.

HOWEVER, I can't figure out how to have my PC speakers & system sounds working normally when I'm not using the phone. I'd like them to, then mute if I use the phone, then revert back when I finish the call.

Does this make sense ? I've found references in the Skype & Ipevo software to adjusting sounds settings, but they're not expressed in a way that makes sense to me i.e. they tell you how to change settings, but not "why" you would do it.

Any help would be gratefully received !

Cheers

Mike

dms05 15:23 17 Mar 06

If your VoIP phone is anything like mine it has a built sound card and you choose to use this rather than the sound card in your PC - that gives you better sound control for VoIP. However the only way I can get sound from my speakers is to unplug the VoIP phone from it's USB socket.

Ikelos 15:25 17 Mar 06

have a read of my question here.

click here

Minkey1 15:47 17 Mar 06

dms05/Ikelos

Thanks for your replies. Ikelos, knew I should have done a search first ! These settings were set out in Skype but not with which result - if you see what I mean.

Anyway, done it & now get sound in/out to each device. I'm not sure if there's a way to mute or transfer sound depending on whether the phone's in use or not, but these settings work and I can turn speaker vol down if I'm making a call, so very happy !

dms05, I made a call whilst playing music and all was fine, so this may be another option instead of unplugging the phone ?

Thanks again

Cheers Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…