New Sky Email - anyone been 'upgraded' yet?

Graham. 20:34 26 Oct 07

Your Outlook and Outlook Express will suddenly stop working:

click here

You're advised to save any important emails. You will have to 'do something' (not sure how at the moment) to get Outlook/Express working again. Otherwise, you have to go to a website powered by Google to get your mail

You can't change back to the old system.

I found this out trying to help a friend who cannot receive mail sent to an additional user.

Graham. 15:49 27 Oct 07

The additional email address was the only one to have been transferred to the new platform. They must be doing them one address at a time, rather than all those on one account.

To get it working again, I had to go to sky.com/tools and enable 'POP Download' for that address.

In Outlook Express, for that address only, change several settings, including some which are not normally altered such as ports.

You have been forewarned.

numskull 16:19 27 Oct 07

My main e-mail address has recently been transferred over with no hitch. Changed the settings in the POP and SMTP fields and applied the other settings and all OK.

Graham. 19:32 27 Oct 07

Pleased to hear that. But isn't this a step backwards? Instead of one program checking your mail, you will have to log on for each address.

And what about those less confident about making the changes? The colourful people on the Helpline aren't much help. I had to print off 10 pages to study before starting, as the impression was if you made a mistake, it was not reversible.

Graham. 08:59 08 Nov 07

Well, my 3 email addresses were 'upgraded' yesterday. I received hundreds of notifications from Sky, coming in thick and fast.

I carried out the modifications and sent test messages from one to another. Did I receive them? Not a sausage.

They're in the Sent Items folder.

I know I can receive as I got mail from Sky welcoming me to the new platform.

Sky are going to lose customers over this.

numskull 10:04 08 Nov 07

I configured my e-mail client (Incredimail) to download the e-mails. I only log on occasionally as some e-mails get stuck in spam or when I am at work I can check if there are any e-mails. I do find it a bit long winded trying to log on and yesterday the page would not load at all.

Graham. 13:22 08 Nov 07

I've got them all now. If you;re doing more than one address, you have to keep logging out in 2 places, then log back in. Otherwise it keeps taking you back to the same account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5