New site and problem with navigation bar

Madpad_001 11:51 06 Sep 04

My Site is at click here

My questions as as follows, 1. Why does my navigation bar on the left side change on each page, but when I look at it in dreamweaver it is the same size for each page?
2. Have I done any bad mistakes in spelling/grammar?
3. What do you think of the site good or bad??
thanks for your help in this, madpad

Sturmey 18:22 06 Sep 04

I think its because the navigation bar is in the same table as your content. although the navigation bar should not change on each page the content does thus changing the navigation bar too. If you put the navigation bar in a separate table it should stay the same on each page.

As a newbie the above could be completely wrong but it could worth a try.

I like the site btw, keep up the good work.

Eric10 21:22 06 Sep 04

I believe Sturmey is on the right track except that you can't created tables side by side. To get round this you should create one table with 2 columns that will hold the whole page. The left column would be a fixed width and inside this column you would create a table to hold your navigation buttons and links. The right column would hold the content including any other tables that may be needed. You would need to do this for each page.

Madpad_001 23:08 06 Sep 04

thanks to you all I am still working on it, but will do the above changes, the site is mean't for all I have done most of the jargons but there is always one or two that get lost in the system.

once more thanks,

P.S please keep your comments coming all advice is welcome.

Madpad_001 08:30 07 Sep 04

Good idea,

I shell do that thanks.

Madpad_001 11:44 07 Sep 04

also changed the table abit, but still have the problem of the navigation bar, but this time it is the lenth not the width?? and ideas? I have also sorted out the justification it shound be the same on each of the pages now. (x fingers)

fourm member, I am a bit confused when you speak about table summaries can you explain to me please.

Thanks Madpad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…