The new site layout

VoG II 22:58 28 Oct 05

is excellent. Especially now that my ™ and the auto logon work.

However, I do find it a strain reading messages in grey. I do not have particularly bad eyesight although I do have to wear glasses.

I am finding that reading grey text against a grey background literally nauseasting. Is it possible to change the text to black?

Al94 23:02 28 Oct 05

I agree, the site is superb and really fast - a great job but the only downside is the lack of contrast in the text. Seems other issues have been taken on board and sorted, maybe this one will follow next week.

Al94 23:05 28 Oct 05

Just a thought or have I missed it somewhere - dont see the number of members anymore.

SANTOS7 23:07 28 Oct 05

One of the first things i mentioned VoG™ I hope it is one of the tweaks that is given some priority as i feel the same as you if the background is going to stay as it is the font must be black, it will make it so muxh easier on those including me who do not have perfect vision...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:11 28 Oct 05

Agreed love the layout and speed, but agree the gery text is very hard on the eyes for us "Old Gits".

Miss the No. of registered users, I'm sure it help to promote the site,

and the log in count, just before I was comming up to my next thousand.

Indigo 1 23:39 28 Oct 05

but I really like it.

I find it relaxing on the eye and very easy to read on my CRT at 1152 x 864.

Is it a monitor issue ?

Chegs ® 23:47 28 Oct 05

click here

Not monitor issue.Contrast problem.

Stuartli 23:49 28 Oct 05

I'm a bit puzzled about the grey background.

I have the normal white background (apart from the links/poll on the left) and, if I wish to make it easier to read the text (Firefox) I just use Ctrl + to enlarge it.

I've had no problems reading the text and I'm one who uses reading glasses if I'm working on a motherboard or similar which features very small text fonts.

Incidentally my 17in monitor is set at 1024x768.

Dan the Doctus 23:52 28 Oct 05

Indigo 1 - Looks okay to me too.

Chegs ® - Your link also looks okay to me too!

Stuartli 23:52 28 Oct 05

I would agree that all too often websites are created by people barely out of nappies who have, for obvious reasons, no concept of what life is like when you reach retiring age...:-)

Hence the difficulty in reading coloured fonts on coloured backgrounds etc in magazines, newspapers and websites.

Dan the Doctus 00:02 29 Oct 05

Just to add, I had no problems yesterday either and since then I've connected a new monitor and still have no problems (both 15" CRT).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…