New Secondry Hard Drive

phildux 15:16 15 May 05

add a new 8ogb hard drive to my system. want this to be secondry. installed it but the system has picked it up, what have i done wrong

powerless 15:30 15 May 05

XP?

phildux 15:31 15 May 05

yes xp upgarded from ME

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:32 15 May 05

Please restate your problem,

what op system? can you see the HDD on the first screen as you boot? Is it just not seen in windows?

BurrWalnut 15:32 15 May 05

Do you mean it hasn't picked it up? If so, right click My Computer, Manage, Disk Management, right click the new drive and partition/format it.

powerless 15:33 15 May 05
  phildux 16:39 15 May 05

excellent thats worked. now can i copy my c drive onto my new g drive and then set the new g drive as primary drive

DieSse 16:51 15 May 05

"now can i copy my c drive onto my new g drive and then set the new g drive as primary drive"

You can, but only if you use a program that will clone the drive - just doing a copy is not sufficient - you will not get a bootable drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:53 15 May 05

You cann just copy the files over to the new drive it will not work. You need to use Acronis or Ghostetc. to do it for you.

I used MAxblast to copy my maxtor drive to another.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…