New Scanner

babybell 19:20 15 Feb 07

I have just purchased a new scanner but i am not getting on well with the scanning software that came with it, it looks cheap and is very difficult to get the required results. I'm a great fan on Windows Camera and Scanner wizard as its simple format is perfect for what results i need. However, when i run the wizard it says there isn't a scanner connected to my pc, yet when i plug the scanner in via usb, windows xp finds it and says it is ready to use? Anyone know how i can use the wizard on my new scanner?

STREETWORK 19:25 15 Feb 07

The wizard in windows is fussy, you are better off using the disk which came with the scanner...

Technotiger 19:53 15 Feb 07

Hi, what scanner is it? Maybe a silly question, but do you have the scanner plugged in/switched on before opening the wizard?

babybell 22:35 15 Feb 07

It's a Canon LiDE 25 and yes it is on. The software with the scanner is poor and over complicated, its a shame the wizard will not recognise it.

woodchip 22:37 15 Feb 07

I had this problem on my 98se comp. It may work for you. Check to see if you have MS Imaging loaded under Start\Programs\Accessories. If it's not there go to Control Panel\Add Remove\Windows Setup you need to put a tick in the Imaging box

Technotiger 22:56 15 Feb 07

Have you tried updating the Driver from the Canon website?

or ... try it in a different usb port.

or ... try uninstalling the software and then starting pc with scanner connected to see if XP
will install its own driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac