My free Superantispyware offered an update to v 4.56.1000 . This is , apparently needed so as to be ready for v5.0 due soon. Whenn I tried the auto update, it seemed not to work, so I downloaded to a saved location the new version and attempted to uninstall the old one. (I have W7 64 bit) The uninstall failed. I then solved it by uninstalling the old version in safe mode and then the new version installed ok. Just wondered if others found it easier?I did try Revo at one stage but it could not find SAS!
although I have the Pro version I always download any update seperately.
I had the same problem as yourself and tried to uninstall but it just came up with an error.
I installed the new version on top of the old one, then uninstalled.
Having cleared the decks, I then installed the new version. I think there was an inherent fault in the previous version.
rawprawn. Thanks I think you are right. I "solved" it in a different way by uninstalling in safe mode then installing the new version. I do like SAS as it sometimes finds adaware tracking cookies better than MBAM.
Will tick as resolved.
More problems, but today uninstalled older version and reinstalled a much improved new free version 5.0.1108 (free) which seems so far to have solved my access problems with the recent updates.(I have W7 Ultimate 64 bit)
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.