New Router on OpenReach Huawei HG612

ShaunLP 14:23 27 Dec 13

My Fibre BB ISP Supplied two Huawei boxes as part of the deal.

The first: a Huawei HG612 EchoLife VDSL2 modem-router. The HG612 is supplied by BT OpenReach as the Consumer Premises Equipment (CPE) for its Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC) service. Currently, the HG612 serves as the OpenReach demarcation point for FTTC products provided by all other ISPs.

The second: a Huawei HG533 ADSL2+ modem / ADSL router

I have ordered a nice new 5th generation wireless router, Asus RT-AC66U AC1750 (Black Diamond Dual-Band WLAN Router, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Gigabit LAN/WAN, 2x USB, Print FTP UPnP VPN Server, IPv6, 8x SSID).

The question is what do I need to utilise the gigabit capabilities? Can I plug it straight into the HG612 or do I need an additional modem between the HG612 and the RT-AC66U. If I do; I guess I'm looking at a Draytek Vigor 120 ( ADSL; ADSL2; ADSL2+) I know from reviews that this pairs well with the RT-AC66U.

Advice please? Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…