New Router, no connection

Hetti 09:13 22 May 06

I had my old router replaced with a new D-Link, The chap that did the job for me took the networking card from the main PC (the one next to the router) and put it into the 2nd PC as he said the 2nd PC had no card , but had been working on bluetooth, the problem is every time I close the 2nd PC down there is no internet connection when I start it up again.This has happen two days running, and the chap came back and installed a driver each time.
Should I have a card that is compatible with the D-Link or should any card work.
If anyone can advise please keep it as simle as possible (Not Tecnically minded)

Danoh 09:35 22 May 06

Hetti, I presume its not a wireless networking card which has been moved from your main to the 2nd PC?
Which would then be an industry standard wired Ethernet card, compatible with all routers including D-Link.
If you are running Windows XP, it will have its own generic drivers for any wired ethernet card, and you will get internet access on startup.
However, the specific driver for your specific card would work best, which is presumably what he installed.

If the fella concerned had completed the job correctly, you would not have this problem. It might well be there is some other issue with your 2nd PC which needs to be sorted out 1st, but which he did not bother to check.

Danoh 08:31 23 May 06

2nd thread click here for any other forumites looking for a solution to a similar problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…