New router LAN/desktop connection troubles

SparkyJack 14:51 29 Aug 14

BTHomehub5 setup worked flawless with wireless devices. How ever the W7 desktop LAN connection is proving truoblesom. Running the network set up in both existing and new modes failed to connect

In each case it is trying with LAN Mini port PPoe and failing

Are there alternatives? None seem to becofferedvn the Win7 simpli controlbpanyour thoughts please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:08 29 Aug 14

Plug in LAN connection from PC to BTHH5

Assuming drivers for NetworK Adaptor are installed in Windows device manager?

Click - Start - Control panel - In the search box, type network, click Network and Sharing Center, click Set up a new connection or network, and then double-click Connect to the Internet.

Follow the steps in the wizard

if it works great if not then lets us know at which point it fails.

SparkyJack 15:22 29 Aug 14

Looks all is as you listed.

When opened the machine this morning it was on BThub2@ from which this mornings mail was dealt with and other tasks. Then set about disconnecting old hub and Open reach Infinnity box and installed HH5, Simply by plugging in LAN and powering up. It went through self set up routine and the wireless devises found new gun and simply needed the code and password to run.

desktop land ain't doing it. I see in the install guide it takes 2/3 days to settle may be its a stating game.

The mini port mentioned is that the correct one? J

SparkyJack 11:58 30 Aug 14

as described.desktop isnt finding router. whilst laptop did both wireless andLAN. Further trouble shootin went through 'cant find server' /'connection reset while page was loading'. the latest message.perhaps most revealing is 'LAN No IP Configeration'

So the puzzle is ,

Why OK on hub2 and not on hub5 with W7 desktop, but all fine on laptop on LAN and wireless.

Is it lack of IP

If so, where. what. how?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:14 30 Aug 14

are the wireless connections getting internet access or just router connection?

Have you input the Username and password for the ISP in the router?

SparkyJack 15:16 30 Aug 14

Wireless operating fully both on laptop and this Android device.

Full ISP name and password entered in every desktop set up attempt.

Its got now that both come up 'remembered'

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:29 30 Aug 14

which LAN port are you connected to on the BTHH5?

SparkyJack 20:44 30 Aug 14

Good question(as so frequentlyvutterd)

Whilst swapping the lead around BT burst forth upon the scene and guided me through the restvofcthevinstall.

The WAN port was thevproblem-mecthatvis plugging the LAN into bit.

All running fine now

Thank you F/BE for you help..

One extra thevlongvpromised BT browser seems to have taken charge, I'll give it a whirl before moving on or not.

J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac