new router blocking p2p connection

I have just installed a Netgear DG834G wireless/ethernet router. No problems accessing p2p (WinMX) but when trying to connect to other sharers it won't connect to them to dl or ul.
Is this a router firewall problem ?

ade.h 17:07 07 Jun 06

"Is this a router firewall problem?"

Yes, it is. I'm not familiar in any detail with Netgear firewall settings, though, so wait for a Netgear user to come along or go through your manual. Actually, I would advise you to do that anyway because you should know all its settings inside out.

Thanks - but this is an area of 'do something wrong' and then - no connection at all - perhaps. I will wait and see if anyone has an answer. I have read through the manuals but they talk as though you are an 'expert' and assume that I know everything - which I don't of course.

BBez 09:02 08 Jun 06

you need to forward specific ports for the router to connect.
click here to see how to set it up.

click here for the page that gives you settings for several applications that need port forwarded through the router

Thanks very much for the info re my problem.
Looks very much what I need to solve it.
Will post back when I have carried out the instructions.
Thanks once again.

Reporting back - looks as if it is running ok now !!!!!!
Thanks very much for the info - much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…