New router advise please.

MeandHer 12:59 24 Oct 10

Hi,
Can anyone advise me on getting a new router( I don't use wireless) and what I should be looking for.
My broadband provider is AOL (Don't laugh) but it's dirt cheap and I DON'T have any of there software downloaded.

john bunyan 13:10 24 Oct 10

see here:
click here

MeandHer 00:09 25 Oct 10

Thanks for reply,

Seems I want to be looking for the Billion 7800N or Belkin N+ wireless routers.
I assume I can go wired with these and not wireless and that they work ok with AOL.

northumbria61 00:21 25 Oct 10

They are mostly wireless routers these days (even if you have no plans to use wireless) but you never know you may want to add a wireless device in the future. There's plenty of choice.

I used LINKSYS for several years without any problems until I changed to BT (now have Homehub 2) but a mate of mine got my Linksys and it is still going strong.

I can recommend this one click here

MeandHer 09:30 25 Oct 10

Thanks northumbria61

cruiser2 13:15 25 Oct 10

My router/modem recently stopped working. It was the original one supplied free by TalkTalk, over four years ago. When I contacted TT they said I would have to pay for a new one and it would be several days before it was delivered.
So bought a Netgear DG834G from Misco, which was delivered the next day. This is connected by cables which are supplied but it can also be used wirelessly.
Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…